Thursday, September 16, 2010

Only nine days until we rehearse!

Hello! My name’s Elise Freed and I’m an alternate rider for the Quadrille Team. Being an alternate rider means I’ll be doing as much as I can to help the coaches keep the team running smoothly at our practices and performances as well as fill in for anyone if they can’t ride for any reason. My gelding, Atlas, is a 13 year old Latvian Warmblood whom I’ve owned for six years. Atlas and I live in Marquette, Michigan where I attend Northern Michigan University.

Besides being selected from a national pool of applicants in early February of this year, the team has done a ton of work to get ready for the Games. And it’s not just memorizing the Quadrille patterns and getting our horses prepared either! From writing the Pas de Deux and Drill patterns and selecting and editing music to fit, we also had to make sure all of our horses’ shots and wormings were thoroughly documented to meet the WEG committee’s standards. It was a lot of paperwork and we couldn’t have done this without the dedication of our wonderful coaches and the United States Pony Club staff.

With less than ten days to go until we meet to rehearse, the final crunch is on to get everything ready to perform at the World Equestrian Games!

 Give your horses lots of cookies from Atlas and me! I can't wait to meet you all!
Elise & Atlas

No comments:

Post a Comment